2008年11月5日 星期三

DeLee (Dorothy) Lantz



I have been licensed in California and enjoying my clinical practice here since 1977. After receiving my doctorate from Harvard University in 1963, I worked first as a teacher and researcher, as well as a clinician. Former positions include the faculties of the University of California at Santa Cruz, UCLA School of Medicine and the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco. I also spent a total of four years in India, as a counseling psychologist, as well as doing research in villages and studying Eastern systems of understanding the mind and emotions.
In my clinical practice, I see clients who range in age from adolescence to older adulthood. I like to adapt my approach to what is best for each individual. For anxiety disorders such as panic disorders and phobias, I have found that cognitive-behavioral therapy with biofeedback generally has the best results. For overcoming blocks to achieving one’s goals, often a more psychodynamic approach is best for uncovering fears and old, self-defeating messages. The new “positive psychology”, or psychology of well-being, or “flourishing”, is very useful for those who want to develop more fully the attitudes and habits that support a healthier, happier present and future. Frequently, I use a combination of approaches. Integral to all my work is a collaborative relationship with the client and support of his or her strengths and resources.
I am especially experienced in psychotherapy for anxiety disorders, depression, pain or medical conditions and life transitions. Areas of greatest biofeedback experience are anxiety, pain management, stress management and psychophysiological disorders, where the mind-body connection is especially important. I’d be delighted to hear from you if you feel that my approaches and experience might be of help to you.


沒有留言: